Win a fantastic day out at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings
3 August 2023
To celebrate summer at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings we are offering a great prize for you and up to five other people. Winners will be able to come along and discover Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings with this fabulous prize.
- A private Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour for up to six people
- A trip up to the Jubilee Tower to enjoy the view (not currently open to the public, a real sneak peek!)
- Free entry to The Mill exhibition
- A hot or cold drink, and cake for everyone in the Turned Wood Café
Terms and conditions apply: UK only. Over 18s only. One entry per person. Competition closes at 23.59 on Monday 28 August 2023. See full terms and conditions below.
Full terms and conditions
SHREWSBURY FLAXMILL MALTINGS FANTASTIC DAY OUT COMPETITION
- The Promoter is: The Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission for England of The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH (‘Historic England’).
- These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings Fantastic day out’ (‘the Competition’), running from 00.01am on 3 August 2023 (‘the Opening Date’) until 23.59pm on Monday 28 August 2023 (‘the Closing Date’).
- This Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, excluding anyone professionally connected with this Competition.
- To be entered into the Competition, the entrant must provide the correct answer via online.
- Entries submitted in any other way or after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- There is one prize for a party of up to six people for a VIP day out including: private Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour, including a trip up the Jubilee Tower, a hot or cold drink and a piece of cake per person in Turned Wood Café (alcoholic drinks excluded) and free tickets to The Mill exhibition at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings. Prize must be redeemed by 30 January 2024. Some elements of the Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour and the trip up the the Jubilee Tower, are not accessible to people with limited mobility, standard Guided Tour conditions apply.
- The prize must be taken on the same day by the whole party of up to six people.
- Historic England reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- The winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries and notified by Monday 11th September 2023.
- The winner will be contacted via email on the email address provided and delivery of the prize will be arranged.
- The winner chosen by random selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 5 days of notification, Historic England reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant selected from the entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- No entry fee or purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- Entry in the Competition signifies acceptance of these rules.
- Historic England reserves the right to withhold or cancel the prize in the event of non-compliance with these rules. Historic England also reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Competition rules at any time. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Historic England.
- Historic England reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- By entering the Competition, the winner understands that their name and image may be used for marketing and publicity purposes on social media channels, websites and in any other media and Historic England publications and may be preserved as a permanent public reference resource within the Historic England Archive. The winner may also be asked to participate in further reasonable publicity arising from the Competition.
- Historic England must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Historic England will send the surname and county of the winner to anyone who emails [email protected] or writes to The Marketing Team, Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings, Spring Gardens, Shrewsbury, SY1 2SZ (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Date. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact Historic England at: [email protected]. In such circumstances, Historic England must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The rules of this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions.