Activities and events survey
30 September 2022
**Survey and competition now closed**
We are so pleased to have welcomed our first visitors through the gates to enjoy The Mill exhibition, Turned Wood Café, Shop and everything else that Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings has to offer.
We want to hear from you about what activities and events you’d like to see happening here at the Flaxmill Maltings, and how you would like to use this special place. These activities will be a key part of bringing the site back to life, making it a hub for all the community and giving reasons to come back time and time again.
Whether you live nearby, work locally, or just really care about this special place – we’d love to hear from you. This is your Flaxmill Maltings and we want you to be part of its future.
There are also two family tickets to give away, drawn at random from all survey completions who want to enter the prize draw.
Terms and conditions apply: UK only. Over 18s only. One entry per person. Survey and prize draw close at 23.59 on Monday 10 October 2022. See full terms and conditions below.
Full terms and conditions
SHREWSBURY FLAXMILL MALTINGS SURVEY PRIZE DRAW
- The Promoter is: The Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission for England of The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH (‘Historic England’).
- These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings Survey Prize Draw (‘the Prize Draw’), running from 00.01am on Monday 26 September 2022 (‘the Opening Date’) until 23.59pm on Monday 10 October 2022 (‘the Closing Date’).
- This Prize Draw is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, excluding anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw.
- To be entered into the Prize Draw, the entrant must complete the ‘required’ questions set out within the online survey.
- Entries submitted in any other way or after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The prize is one of two family tickets to visit The Mill exhibition at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings.
- Historic England reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- The winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries and notified by Tuesday 18 October 2022.
- The winner will be contacted via email on the email address provided and delivery of the prize will be arranged.
- The winner chosen by random selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 5 days of notification, Historic England reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant selected from the entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- No entry fee or purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
- Entry in the Prize Draw signifies acceptance of these rules.
- Historic England reserves the right to withhold or cancel the prize in the event of non-compliance with these rules. Historic England also reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Prize Draw rules at any time. Any changes to the Prize Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Historic England.
- Historic England reserves the right to cancel the Prize Draw at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- By entering the Prize Draw, the winner understands that their name and image may be used for marketing and publicity purposes on social media channels, websites and in any other media and Historic England publications and may be preserved as a permanent public reference resource within the Historic England Archive. The winner may also be asked to participate in further reasonable publicity arising from the Prize Draw.
- Historic England must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Historic England will send the surname and county of the winner to anyone who emails [email protected] or writes to The Marketing Team, Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings, Spring Gardens, Shrewsbury, SY1 2SZ (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Date. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact Historic England at: [email protected]. In such circumstances, Historic England must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The rules of this Prize Draw shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions.